2019-2020 School Year
Please look over and discuss this material with your child. Help prepare your student in choosing the classes you both feel he or she should request for next year.
Parents will receive a copy of the final course requests. If you have questions regarding course requests, please contact your student's guidance counselor:
- A-F: Susan Eichenauer | email | ext. 207
- G-M: Cory Hardin | email | ext. 215
- N-Z: Jama Badinghaus | email | ext. 204
- Admin Asst: Kate Elder | email | ext. 243
As students plan their programs of study, the following considerations should be kept in mind:
- Advanced study beyond state requirements is not only highly recommended, but is a prerequisite to certain college programs such as engineering, pre-med, nursing, business, pre-law, etc.
- Biology, chemistry, physics is the science course sequence recommended by the State Colleges of Ohio.
- Foreign language study for at least two years in the same language is required for all students. Some Ohio colleges are recommending three years of a foreign language study for unconditional acceptance.
- On the recommendation of the principal, qualified seniors may apply to take courses at local colleges for college credit within the limitation of their high school schedule.
A student who selects a course without meeting the prerequisites will be scheduled in an alternate course that fits her/his schedule. Students and parents/guardians should spend time together planning, choosing, and discussing the course selections. The student’s guidance counselor is also available to assist in this process. During the registration process, current students and their parents have an opportunity to schedule special college/career planning meetings with the guidance counselor. Information will be included in the registration packet. Courses are offered dependent upon the availability of teaching personnel and course enrollment. Student course requests will be processed only after their registration is complete and all other financial obligations are considered current by the Business Office.