Chaminade Julienne officially pulled back the curtain on its gymnasium renovation December 10 with a dedication ceremony before the men's varsity basketball game against Roger Bacon High School.
“Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous benefactor, we have been able to outfit the gymnasium with state-of-the-art technology and an updated look-and-feel,” said Daniel J. Meixner, CJ president. “This vibrant multi-purpose space is now better equipped to accommodate our indoor athletic contests, community events, physical education classes and other daily activities.”
- two wall-mounted 11-by-6 foot high-definition (HD) video boards. 
- two scoreboards, including one with 5-player statistic panels.
- a ceiling mounted camera at center court to record contests.
- 11 state championship banners for each title team, 13 team championship banners and 18 team pennants representing all Greater Catholic League schools.
- backboard lights outlining the glass on both main baskets.
- LED overhead lighting and acoustic foam treatment on the ceiling for improved sound.
- new aesthetic theme including updated fixtures, paint scheme and customized wall pads.
These improvements come on the heels of the school’s recent investment in extensive renovations to the second floor math and science wing now known as the CJ STEMM Center. The Center was dedicated and opened for use in August for the 2013-14 school year.
“Like our predecessors, we know that facilities must be adapted and improved over time so they can serve the needs of the current and future generation of CJ students and teachers. Our continuing efforts give renewed life to this special place so we can continue to offer the premier Catholic educational experience in the region,” Meixner said.
Construction of the campus building that contains the auditorium, cafeteria, classrooms and the gymnasium -- located at the corner of Washington and Ludlow Streets -- first began on Oct. 17, 1950 and the building was dedicated on May 25, 1952. The original bleachers were replaced in the early 1990's, but the infrastructure of the gym had remained largely unchanged until now.
Other recent athletic upgrades to campus have included the additions of Blue Green Field (opened in spring of 2010), the Student Conditioning Center (dedicated in fall of 2010), and the Eagle Tennis Center (dedicated in fall of 2011).
 One video board will be mounted on the south wall of the gym in time for the Dec. 10 game; the second in late January.