Wide-eyed freshmen and excited transfer students aren’t the only newcomers to Chaminade Julienne as the 2016-17 school year gets underway.
The Chaminade Julienne community is welcoming a number of new faculty and staff members into the fold this year. And while their backgrounds and areas of expertise vary greatly, what they have in common is a shared excitement about being a part of the CJ family.
“I am truly looking forward to getting to know all members of the community and to figure out ways we can collaborate and support each other and the mission of the school,” athletic director Brian Reinhart said. “I'm especially looking forward to the opening of Roger Glass Stadium and ways it can benefit all aspects of the school community.”
Reinhart is not completely new to the CJ community.
“It's great to be back at CJ after spending some time here over the years with Catholic Heart Workcamp,” he said. “CJ has been everything it promotes itself as and more as everyone has been very friendly and supportive. It's a blessing to be a part of the community and the spirit and feeling here is truly special.”
Joining the CJ community in a new capacity is also meaningful to annual giving coordinator Elaine Bonner who already had a CJ connection with three graduates of her own in the classes of 2007, '10 and '13. “I have already been inspired by the people who are the ‘CJ Community,’” Bonner said. “I hope to grow in my faith and reacquaint myself with CJ after a brief time away.”
The new faces will also usher in a new era.
“Andrew Gazzerro – the new Eagle Pride band director – will lead the Eagle Pride onto the new Roger Glass Stadium field this year and will have the opportunity to begin new traditions as we experience the new facilities,” principal John Marshall said.
University of Dayton graduate and PULSE volunteer Dominic Sanfilippo plans to be working with several innovative programs like City Connects and the Interdisciplinary Social Justice Research Project.
New faces will also be a part of the growing arts initiative as the partnership between Chaminade Julienne and the K12 Gallery & TEJAS is in its second year of full-scale implementation. And four new instructors are joining the ranks of the growing program this year.
[Pictured: top l-r: Fr. Bob Jones SM, Leslie McGeady, Elaine Bonner; bottom l-r: Regina Emery, Brian Reinhart, and Dominic Sanfilippo]
New CJ Faculty and Staff Members at a Glance
Father Bob Jones - Math teacher and Chaplain
• Bachelor’s degree from the University of Dayton; master’s degree in Pastoral Ministry from Boston College; Seminary at Pontifical University St. Thomas Aquinas, Rome, Italy
• Relocating from St. Louis, Missouri, at Chaminade College Prep
Brian Reinhart - Director of Athletics
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism-public relations from OSU; master’s degree in theological studies from the University of Toronto
• Relocating from Annapolis, Maryland as Assistant Principal & Director of Formation at St. Mary’s Parish
Jessica Hanley - Science teacher
• Bachelor’s degree from the University of Dayton in adolescent to young adult education in sciences; master’s degree in education, students with special needs
• Returning to CJ after spending time with United Rehabilitation Services and Dayton Leadership Academies
Dominic Sanfilippo - PULSE volunteer
• Bachelor’s degree in philosophy and human rights studies from the University of Dayton
• From Providence Catholic High School in New Lenox, Illinois
Andrew Gazzerro - Eagle Pride Band Director
• Bachelor’s degree in music education from Miami University, Carroll High School graduate
• Lalanne music teacher at Our Lady of Rosary
Leslie McGeady - Development database coordinator
• Bachelor’s degree in social work from the University of Dayton
• Master’s degree in social work from OSU
Elaine Bonner - Annual Giving coordinator
• Purdue University graduate
• Spent the last two years in development for K12 Gallery & TEJAS and Learning Tree Farm
Colleen Mason-Norris – School nurse
• Graduate of the Wright State University nursing program
• Has been employed with the Combined Health District of Clark and Montgomery counties and worked for the Adolescent Wellness Clinic
K12 Art Instructors
• Regina Emery - Art I
• Leese Haapapuro - Ceramics
• Chanda Hunt - Ceramics
• Kaitlyn Puskarich - Photography
Aug. 23, 2016