Schools Unite for Community Campaign
Last month, CJ and Carroll united to give back to the local organization, Wagmor Service Dogs. Learn more about the effort here.
Students Perform at OMEA Competition
Congratulations to the 37 students who represented CJ at the OMEA Solo and Ensemble Adjudicated Event held at Stebbins High School on Saturday, January 26.
CJ earned 15 "Superior" (I) Ratings and 15 "Excellent" (II) Ratings.
- CJ Women's Ensemble -Sarah Benson, Kat Bishop, Madison Meixner, Grace Jackson, Kaitlin Stewart, Chloe Proffitt
- Chloe Proffitt - vocal solo
- Kaitlin Stewart -vocal solo
- Kat Bishop -vocal solo
- Sarah Benson -vocal solo
- Brennan Harlow -vocal solo
- Lindsey O'Lalde -vocal solo
- Saxophone Quartet -Will Marshall, Nick Simpson, Kat Bishop, Logan Brodnick
- Brass Quintet - Libby Blackshire, Padraig Gallagher, Will Marshall, Madison Meixner, John Muhl
- Logan Brodnick - baritone saxophone solo
- Anna Mussin Phillips - flute solo
- Lily Davis - cello solo
- Libby Blackshire - trumpet solo
- Flute Quartet - Anna Mussin Phillips, Agnes Guiselin, Regan Monigan, Jasmine Acuna
- Will Marshall - french horn solo
- Shamari DeVance-Dyer -vocal solo
- Sophia Davis -vocal solo
- Jack Leiher -vocal solo
- Danielle Walusis -vocal solo
- Caylin Baker -vocal solo
- Brian Niebrugge -vocal solo
- Nick Amstutz -vocal solo
- Elizabeth Hale -vocal solo
- Natalie Mussin Phillips - marimba solo
- Regan Monigan -flute solo
- Mia Brown -snare drum solo
- Mikayla Jette - clarinet solo
- Agnes Guiselin -flute solo
- Nick Simpson -alto saxophone solo
- James Blackshire - clarinet solo
The students will be performing their pieces again at the CJ Winter Recital on Sunday, February 10 at 2 and 4 p.m.
Mock Trail Advances to Regional Competition
Congratulations to the Mock Trial team for defeating Centerville and Alter in the district competition. The team will now compete at regionals on Friday, February 15.
Additionally, four mock trial team members received individual awards: Best Attorney to Ellie Reeves '20 and Kate Schinaman '21 and Best Witness to Jack Huffman '20 and Kelsey Roach '21.
Senior Qualifies for USRowing Youth Regional Challenge
Congratulations to Grace Blust '19 for being selected as member of the Midwest Regional team at the 1st USRowing Youth Regional Challenge. Blust was a member of the Dayton Boat Club women's Youth 4 which finished 3rd at the USRowing Youth National Championships in 2018, held outside of Sacramento, CA. The Midwest Regional team at the 1st USRowing Youth Regional Challenge will be held from December 13-15, 2018. Additional information about the competition can be found here.
Capstone Secures Grant for New Recycling Bins
The Senior Capstone group of Grace Jackson, Maria Scaccia, Courtney Schaefer and Kelsey Wolf secured a $3,550 grant from the Montgomery County Solid Waste District to be used towards purchasing recycling bins for CJ. The group applied for the grant by selecting different recycling bins that were made from recycled material. They had to formulate a plan, answer questions about thow this would benefit the community, and submit the information. The Capstone group is working on a Green Week at CJ in March 2019 and hope to debut the recycling bins then.
Senior Records 1,000 Digs for Eagles
Congratulations to Emma Schaefer '19 for recording 1,000 digs during her volleyball career at CJ.
"Reaching 1,000 career digs is a huge milestone in someone's volleyball career," said women's volleyball head coach Gretchen Wolfe. "Not many people reach this goal and if they do it takes them four years on varsity to do so. But Emma has reached it in her three years on varsity. Digging is essential for having a successful defense. Emma has contributed to our teams successful defense by her ability to almost never let a ball drop. She is one of the best and most hard working defensive players I have had the privilege to coach. I am honored to be a part of her making history here at CJ Volleyball."
Junior Wins Scholarship at College Prep Night
Congratulations to Andrew Tillman '20 - he was selected as the $1,000 scholarship winner of the 2018 College Prep Night presented by Fifth Third Bank at the Dayton Dragons stadium.
Alumna Named 2018 Educator of the Year
Carmella Mack Bradley '85 was awarded the 2018 Educator of the Year of Classified Staff members for Beavercreek City Schools. She has worked in education for 21 years. Carmella is currently an administrative assistant at Ankeney Middle School and has been employed with Beavercreek City Schools for 11 years.
Graduate Rower Returns to U.S. Rowing World Championship Roster
Congratulations to Molly Bruggeman '10 who, for a second year, was selected to the U.S. Rowing World Championship Roster. Bruggeman was again chosen for the women's four. More about her selection can be found here.