CJ students interested in pursuing a college diploma or career in medicine are encouraged to become student athletic trainers. Being a student athletic trainer is a great learning opportunity as students work closely with Lori Dozer, CJ's trainer who is certified by the National Athletic Training Association. The goal of the student trainer is to assist the the school's certified athletic trainer with prevention and care of injuries to those on their respective sports teams. The student trainer's mission is to serve student athletes at Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School.
Student athletic trainers work during the fall, winter and spring sport seasons.
Student trainers meet and work out of the athletic training room.
- learn first aid skills to help various athletic programs
- student trainers attend practices and games with their assigned team, and assist in treating injuries
Freshmen trainers will progress through the levels of the various sports teams (i.e. freshmen, junior varsity, varisty). Seniors assist in training of the underclassmen student trainers.
- To learn and utilize first aid skills
- Travel with various athletic teams
- The possibility of earning an athletic award