The annual Service Awards Assembly is an event which honors individuals in our community who have offered their time and talents to a community and a world that is in desperate need of it. Students who participate in 25 recorded hours or more of service receive recognition at the awards ceremony. This year's ceremony will be held on May 2, 2018
Three Service Hour Award Levels
- CJ BRONZE AWARD - This award is given to students who volunteered 25-49 hours of service during a school year.
- CJ SILVER AWARD - This award is given to students who volunteered 50-99 hours of service during a school year.
- CJ GOLD AWARD - This award is given to students who volunteered 100 or more hours of service during a school year.
Awards of Distinction
GEORGE EARLY SCHOLARSHIP
The George Early Scholarship is given to a student who has distinguished him or herself as a servant leader. This scholarship was created to encourage ongoing service and to honor a person who is an example of Christian service for the Chaminade Julienne community. The scholarship is given to a current sophomore for his or her junior year.
- 2017: Joseph Allaire '19
- 2016: Cecilia Meadors '18
- 2015: Noah Walusis '17
- 2014: Clare Wade '16
- 2013: Linan McSherry '15
THE SISTER RUTH ANN BANGE SERVICE AWARD
This award recognizes a junior who exhibits the commitment and spirit of Sister Ruth Ann Bange, SND. The award is presented to a student who has made outstanding contributions to the broader Dayton community through the community service program which Sister Ruth Ann formed and administered from 1986 to 1991 as part of her own life and work.
- 2017: Katie Kohnen '18
- 2016: Abby Arestides '17
- 2015: Lauren Peltier '16
- 2014: Sarah Downing '15
- 2013: Kaitlin Blanchard '14